Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I am a citizen of the United States of America


So, I guess this is a pretty big deal. I have lived in this country for about 15 years and this morning at the Masonic Center in San Francisco, together with something like 1400 people from 101 countries all over the world I became an American citizen. Greg and I were late because of the traffic on 101, but little I knew that given the huge amount of people 10-15 minutes late actually meant being on time today! So, I went in with all my fellow immigrants to take my oath and become an American citizen. At the end of the ceremony I received my certificate and for the first time as an American I went and did the most important thing: I registered to vote! And as you can tell by the picture that Greg took while I was signing the paperwork, there is no doubt on who will get my vote this upcoming November!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Feels pretty good to be able to vote and have a voice in this country right?

I remember this feeling in 2005...took this same step after living here for 22 years.