Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's called Genetics!

So, I am a scientist, right? I have spent many hours studying Mendel, his theories of inheritance patterns of certain traits in pea plants , etc.. . We know now he didn't get it all right, but come on he did a great job for those times!!
Anyway, even with all my knowledge and understanding, while at a rational level I understand that genetics determines much (but not all) of the appearance of organisms, including humans, when I look at pictures of my two youngst kids, I can't help it...I am still amazed!!!!
I look at them and I can't believe the resemblance, the similarities, to me it is...magic!!!
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenn :) said...

they look pretty similar!! Although Lucas has the BIGGEST eyes!! it's crazy huh?? Betcha they will have complete different personalities though!!

Anonymous said...

Your children are beautiful!!!! One difference I see, it's the color of the hair, Lucas seems to be darker?