Saturday, May 12, 2007

Moving along

We are getting there. The appliances are all in, the granite is in place and the hardwood floor has been sanded. I can see my kitchen coming to life in front of my very own eyes. I have finally chosen the color for the walls, but I don't think the painter will come in until everything else is done.The tiles for the back splash will go up this week. Greg is so excited about his new coffee machine, he can't wait to use it for the first time. I think this moment during constructions is when it gets really tough, because we can see it, we can almost believe it is there, but there is still so much to do before everything is in place and working and every day feels like one month.
But it is OK, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I can be patient (that may not apply to every member of our family).
I am looking forward to having more space in the house, to get rid of boxes that right now are everywhere in the house, and to restock my kitchen with nice supplies, dishes and linens.
I am also looking forward to have the library completed (we bought a nice bookcase that should arrive any day now) and I have chosen the colors for the walls, so as soon as the dining table gets out of the room we can start creating our new library.
I better go, the kids are asleep and if I am lucky I may have one hour to do something I like



Posted by Picasa

No comments: