Saturday, January 05, 2008

A great finding


This book was such a pleasant surprise and I really wanted to share this great finding. Few days before Christmas I got in touch with an old friend from high school. It was great to catch up with someone I knew so well and kind of lost touch for 10 years. To make a long story short, while talking about our lives and the ones of our common friends he mentioned that one of my dearest friend's wife had become an accomplished writer of cooking books during these years. Well, after that piece of information I looked into her books and I ordered her last one, Apples for Jam, from Amazon. I was really looking forward to get the book, how often can one say "I know the author of this book"? So, when the book arrived, I started reading it right away and...I totally loved it!!! The book is a wonderful combination of simple and delicious recipes (something everyone can make without having to be a cuisine expert) and little bits and pieces of family life. A melange of memories of Tessa's past and present life. I so enjoy this book, the pictures of the food are wonderful and the presentation is simply perfect! I was even more surprised when I saw the book at the local Anthropologie store few days ago, I thought the store was the prefect setting for this book (I totally love the store!!!!!).

No comments: