Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Fascination

I am not usually a big fan of presents that involve live animals, especially when they are going to end up inside the house, but this one is in a whole different category. It is called AntWorks and it is a space age habitat for Ants. Let me tell you: in our household this Christmas present turned out to be a big winner (if not the big winner!). Everyone is totally in owe of these tiny little creatures and their ability to create tunnels and live in a group setting. It is a very neat way to study ants without disturbing their habits. Through this transparent grass we just look at them and observe their life. Really cool!! And when I say we I mean all of us including Lucas who just looks at them and looks at them......

2 comments:

Jenn :) said...

WOW!! Thanks for pointing that out!! Auston's 6th birthday is next month and he's the child that wants for NOTHING! This might just be perfect for him!! How cool!!

Robert A Vollrath said...

I gave Antworks habitat to my friends
at Project InSECT. This traveling museum has a great web site.
As a scientist I thought you might like their large insect paintings.