Sunday, February 10, 2008

Attempting creativity

After we finished remodeling the kitchen, we repainted the living room and the library. That was hte perfect moment to change things around a bit. So, I left the wall over the couch totally bare waiting for the perfect idea to pop into my head. Recently I have been all into pictures and personal memories rather than art for the sake of art. This is why in the dining room I have created a composition of sepia family pictures; they create a special warmth.
The result was wonderful, I got several different size frames and mixed them together to create balance on the wall. We all love them!
Given the successful results, I decided to give it another try in the living room. This time, I went for less personals photos but still used pictures we took and that had a special meaning to us.
So, last week I bought some very rustic frames and I used Shutterfly to print some 11x13 pictures we took last summer during our vacation in Tuscany. They represent places we have been and views that we are very fond of. Well, after playing arund with the composition on the wall, this is the result...They fit perfectly! Last night I bought a nice candle holder at World Market and I am going to hang it on the right side of the pictures. Hopefully everything will work together as it does in my head.

No comments: