Saturday, March 01, 2008

Cenci

Last night I received another cooking book from Tessa Kiros . This one is entitled Twelve, a Tuscan Cook Book. The name twelve comes from the months of the year and for every month there are recipes with ingredients one can find that months of the year in Italy and appropriate for the climate. I have to say it is another really solid cooking book and it the recipes bring so many memories back to my mind. So, today I tried the first recipe and here is a picture of it. These are called "cenci", and they are little pastry strips fried in oil and covered with powder sugar. They are a classical recipe from Tuscany made during the month of February.

1 comment:

Carola said...

mmmmm.... che buone le frappe! (noi a Roma le chiamiamo così)
Metto il tuo BLOG tra i miei preferiti, me l'ero perso e dopo tanto tempo l'ho ritrovato:)
Un bacione!