Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A wonderful book

For those out there who don't know, I am an avid reader. I always have one or two books on my night stand and I keep buying more and more. And I am trying to teach this love for reading to my kids so we also have tons of kids books in the house which I consider a wonderful thing. But I am digressing here. ...
My latest reading was a book suggested to me by several of my Italian friends from a Spanish writer. Oh, I almost forgot one of my pet peeves is to possibly read books in the language they have been written because I feel that there is always something lost in translation. So, when I am in Italy I buy a bunch of books written by Italian authors and the same is true for books by English authors. But it becomes more complicated when the books are written in different languages like in this particular case. So I bought it in Italy and bought it again here in the US. Crazy, uhm???

Anyway, here it goes.... the book is called "The shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Trust me this is a book worth reading, a wonderful mix of mystery, love and a hint if history. Just beautiful!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for a good book to read, now I know what to buy!

Mary