Sunday, January 14, 2007

The work has started

Oh yes!
For those of you who don't know what that means....well, we are remodeling the last (I hope) part of our house and that is...the KITCHEN!
To tell you the truth, it is a little more than that: we are adding more square footage, converting the garage to living space, and completely redoing the kitchen (new space, new shape, new everything). Tonight we are emptying the garage and the office (where my scraproom was!) and packed a lot of stuff in one of those "Door to Door" containers. My scrap room has been temporarily moved to our bedroom that now is completely claustrophobic!!
The house overall is a mess and we are not even close to the worst part of the job, meaning that the contractor is leaving us with the kitchen for another month while they work on the external stuff (foundations.. etc., ). At that point, I have no idea what we are going to do. I believe we are going to be without kitchen for at least a couple of months. The simple thought is horrifying to me. In case you don't know , we have 3 kids in the house.
I guess I have to start thinking like Doris Day...whatever will be will be!

No comments: