Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pink Awareness


I thought about it many times but never of it as something touching my life. Now it has: breast cancer has become a reality for my family.Mom has breast cancer.One month ago she had a lump removed and when the results came back there was no mistaking them: infiltrating lobular carcinoma. Today she had her mastectomy and that makes it pretty real, what do you think?
In the past month it has been such a roller coaster of emotions, of fear and sadness mostly, but also of hope and desire to make every minute count. Now we need to wait for the results of the lymph nodes analysis, to see if the lymph nodes that they removed today are touched by the disease. I hate that I am here, so far from home and that I can't help her in any way. I can't wait until we go there in one month. Hang in there mom, hopefully the worst is over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.