Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Fall is in the air!

It is fall in California! It started this past week-end and it hit us with all its force. We were at a birthday party in the park and at around 5:30PM, while the kids were playing, a chilly breeze started to fill the air. Sweaters and sweatshirts came out of nowhere and the rest is history.
I don't know about you, but I love the beginning of fall. I love beginnings in general and when we are talking about seasons, my favorite beginnings are fall and summer. I always look forward to the beginning of summer, when finally I can go out and feel the strong sun on my skin, needing nothing more than a thin layer of clothing. It is so liberating after months of layers. But I feel as much joy when fall starts. The soft feeling of a sweater on your skin, that chill in the air that makes you want to go home and spend time inside. After the long days of summer it is a welcome change. I also love changing my wardrobe in the closet and while I put away my summer dresses, I already feel the anticipation of seeing them again in few months. Another reason why I love fall is due to its colors. I am completely at peace with dark greens, browns and the reddish tones of the fall, they make me happy and serene. I know soon enough I will miss the summer and the bright blue skies, but this morning, as I seat at my desk, drinking my hot tea and feeling the chill in the air, I am completely embracing the change. Have a wonderful fall day everyone!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: