Friday, September 29, 2006

Studio Friday:TOOT YOUR OWN HORN... LOUD!

" Studio Friday, for me, is a network of Artist from all over the world. It's a fabulous way to communicate with and learn from artists of all backgrounds. With this being said, I would love to see a showcase of what YOUR art is. Are you a scrapbooker? A clay artist? Are you a collage artist or a photographer? Do you paint or work in the fibre arts of Knitting, sewing or enbroidery? Are you a gardener a botanist or an eclectic artist of many trades? I'd love to see a piece that you have created that you are most proud of. SHOW off your STUFF!!"

I don't consider myself an artist by any mean. I have always associated the word artist with someone very creative, highly imaginative and capable of creating something that leaves a mark. I am definitely not. I am a scientist, and in my mind, by definition, a scientist and an artist live in 2 completely separate words!! In the lab we stick to the facts, there is no room for creative interpretation and we can't make things up no matter how pretty we think they would be (although you have no idea how many times that would make my life easier!).
But I enjoy beautiful things, the aesthetic value of a complete product. So, I try to create pages that tell the story of my family and hopefully they are not too hurtful to the eye!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Jenn :) said...

LOVE that layout Annalisa!! :)

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful color combination...I don't think artists & scientists are exclusive areas..maybe just different sides to your character...

Ouissi x

Anonymous said...

If you create, you are an artist. Plain and simple! Welcome to the club! Beautiful layout!

Artifax said...

What a lovely layout! You have a wonderful eye for color.

AtPlayWithFiber said...

I'm a scientist too! We can be artistic too. :D

Going For Greatness said...

I love your style. I feel a scraplift coming on........
~ Gabi

Anke Martin said...

Oh I love little baby feet and hands! Amazes me every time how small they are compared to mine!
Beautiful work!

Lisanna said...

NO COMMENT..
annalisa รจ veramente stupendo questo lo..
bravissima...

Anonymous said...

Splendido!!!! Mi mancavano le tue pagine e finalmente con il tuo blog riesco ancora a vederle.
Ciao Luciana