Friday, September 01, 2006

Studio Friday: Artist's Block

"You've heard of 'writer's block'. Well as an artist, I sometimes suffer from "Artist's block". What is this you ask? It's when you sit and sit and can't come up with anything. This can go on for hours, days, weeks even months sometimes.
I want to know how you break free of Artist's block! "

I feel I live in a perennial artist's block interrupted by few moments of artistic inspiration!!
Anyway, when I can't sit down at my desk and create something I have three main solutions: I read, I go shopping and last but not least... I spend real quality time outside with my wonderful family. One of these usually does the trick!!!
 Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anke Martin said...

Great ways to solve the block!

Unknown said...

these are great ways of taking your mind off worrying about an artistic block...

Ouissi x

Anonymous said...

Lovely collage and the perfect way to break the block! Thanks for sharing!

AtPlayWithFiber said...

Do you think IRS would take a shopping spree as a business expense? LOL! :) Great idea!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Yes, hanging out with children is often the key that unlocks me, this summer I spent hours with my family and I was awashed in new ideas!!

Going For Greatness said...

And what a beautiful family you have!
Thanks for the inspiration! Let's go shopping, shall we?! LOL!!

~ Gabi